Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Escape Velocity



First Escape

If you have never been to Escape Velocity I would most definitely start packing your bags immediately! This was my first adventure at Escape Velocity and i'm already ready to go back. I've actually been to many conventions and this is the first one where I felt like I came out smarter then when I went in! There were SO many things to do and so many incredible things to see but i'm going to touch on just a few highlights that really did blow my mind. Hopefully this blog will entice all the readers to check this convention out next year. It's only growing and once you see it you are going to want to grow with it! 

Also if I leave anything out or if you just wish to know more PLEASE go visit the actual website by clicking on the Title "Escape Velocity" at the top of the page. 

Location Location Location

One very important note to take away from any Convention is the location of the event. Escape Velocity is currently located at the National Harbor near DC. I could explain to you how Gorgeous the National Harbor is but I think I have a couple pictures that do it some justice! Please come out and see the National Harbor for the full effect:

Can you imagine seeing the Ghost Busters, A few Star Fleet Academy members from Star Trek, maybe a few other worldly aliens walking down the street in these Beautiful Locations because that's the wonderful reality that we were treated to when we had the pleasure of being here. 

Ghostbusters Tristate Devision

One thing that was so near and dear to everyone's hearts & was so touching to see is how many charities that were at the convention. Not just the fact that they were there but the amount of love they were receiving. It's always so important to see that conventions have spots for people that are here to help out the community! This Amazing group of people are just one booth of many that work together to raise money for local charities and they do it dressed as some of our FAVORITE characters of ALL TIME: The Ghost Busters! So I guess the question is.....WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

Discovery Dome
Have you ever wanted to see some Awesome interstellar sights up close? Well many people at Escape Velocity had the chance to do that! The discovery Dome is a giant dome that they blow up (Honestly it's like a mini theater) and when you go sit down inside you are treated to a full 360 screening of some of the best planetary, and educational sites you've ever seen! I was told that they happened to be showing the Awesome Solar Eclipse that took place earlier this year. But don't take my word for it, come and check it out next year when YOU get a chance to go: 


ROBOTS

Too many robots to count! They were everywhere! The video that you see is from a group of High School aged kids that created a Phenomenal robot to help move boxes around! (Honestly I just needed an excuse to show off all of this Awesome robot tech that we saw at Escape Velocity this year)


Cosplay

I'm going to go ahead and wrap this up with one of my favorite parts of ANY convention that i'm fortunate enough to attend....THE COSPLAY! Seeing people dressed as their favorite characters and fully in character is the best part and if you have not experienced it then its truly time for you to get out and live your life! Hear are a couple of my favorite cosplays from the event:  





Great Cosplayers all around.... i'm going to need the man on the right to make me a Thanos Gauntlet! But when I snapped my fingers I would just want free Pancakes for a year....is that possible?
Deadpool was great as he always is! I had a Superman shirt on as you can see from the picture above. I opted out of the picture with him and he even joked that I did it because I'm a DC fan and was scared of Marvel. This is why I love conventions like this! 









Next Year
So I guess the big question is, how many of you will I be seeing next year when we come back? This convention is also conveniently located at The Gaylord National Convention Center! So don't just come and hang out for a day, come and hang out for the whole weekend! Book yourself a hotel so the fun doesn't have to end at the end of the night. Click HERE to start planning and booking your trip for next year! I know we already have, and we will see you there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment